Pages

Mar 2, 2013

Shingles !


If u cant stand on the disgusting pictures just ignore this post  :) 


I am suffering from shingles more than a week :((
But I am much more better now :)
Chinese called it as ' sang she ' so called ' the snake born '
Shingles (herpes zoster) is a painful, 
blistering skin rash due to the varicella-zoster virus, 
the virus that causes chickenpox.

I wonder why I will get this kind of virus in a sudden ..
It's painful and itchy !

At first ,  it will appear something like this on your skin
It's at my right side front and back part only.
I tot it's bitten by some insects  .
But my parents told me it happened as I eat too much of fried food during cny
Thus , they only ask me drink more water and bath often .
Besides , merely apply salve .




After a few days ,
It become WORST !
Pain and itchy .
You can't even sleep well.
That day , I am at my cousin house
My aunt saw and she told me it might be shingles

OHMYGAWDD
As what I know.
If you don't cure it on time , you will die !

So , I quickly get the information from web

Shingles is most common in older adults and people 
who have weak immune systems because of 
stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons.
* HAHA ! I am still young ehy ! *

 After you get better from chickenpox, 
the virus "sleeps" (is dormant) in your nerve roots. 
In some people, it stays dormant forever. 


You can't catch shingles from someone else who has shingles.
 But there is a small chance that a person 
with a shingles rash can spread the virus to another person 
who hasn't had chickenpox and 
who hasn't gotten the chickenpox vaccine.

Early signs of shingles include burning or shooting pain and tingling or itching
usually on one side of the body or face. 
*no wonder it just appear on my right side*
The pain can be mild to severe. 
Blisters then form and last from one to 14 days. 
If shingles appears on your face, it may affect your vision or hearing. 
The pain of shingles may last for weeks, 
months or even years after the blisters have healed.

My uncle told me this plant can heal my shingles
Chinese call it as ' 蛇草' snake grass 
I don't know what's the exact English name for this plant


This is the fruit of the plant
Pluck it 


Crumble it
And apply it on my skin .
Few times each day after I bathed . 
I feel pricking
Besides, 
My mum act like a nurse :)
Cut a few pieces of cloth and get some tape
To help me wrap the wound
Change the medicine after a few hours .


 That's how it grow .

Few days later ,
The rash becomes vesicular
forming small blisters filled with a serous exudate.

The painful vesicles eventually become 
cloudy or darkened as they fill with blood, 
crust over within seven to ten days
The crusts fall off and the skin heals .
Just like the SNAKE !!
Super disgusting .
I HATE IT

The last picture is the latest one.
I think the skin heal .
* hope so *


Other than applying snake grass,
I take medicine too
Get it from pharmacy 
NAMED - Acyclovir 400 Stada
Four time daily for five days
Every 4 hours once .

This is A.K.A an antiviral drug. 
This drug helps reduce pain, prevent complications, 
and shorten the course of the disease.  

The medications should be started within 72 hours of 
when you first feel pain or burning. 
It is best to start taking them before the blisters appear.



 Further more ,
Cool wet compresses can be used to reduce pain. 
Soothing baths and lotions may help to relieve itching and discomfort.
 Keep the skin clean.  
Do not reuse contaminated items.

 That's what I want to share out with u all :)




Last but  not least ,
A small request .
Can u help me to click the nuffnag ads above ?
Thank you so much :)


No comments:

Post a Comment